www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index www.QuakeServers.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New servers (mvdsv 0.19 and latest ktpro)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index -> Setting Up and Configuring Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renzo
Admin (qw.suomicom.fi)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: New servers (mvdsv 0.19 and latest ktpro) Reply with quote

Hello

I'm having some problems on configuring the servers. The problem is, obviously users don't get any serverinfo data on join (meaning, fps is 72 and serverinfo command gives almost no information) including settings, servername and other stuff.

I've copied peliportti's working configs and compiled MVDSV from the source (I only changed the motd's of the server, nothing else). The server is running on 64bit Gentoo (a64/1GB ram) and this is the first time I've set up the servers and I have no clue what's going on.

If the map is restarted (via game or from console) all settings work as they shoud be, but if player disconnects and joins they won't work for the joined player until map is restarted.

Also, rcon_password line doesn't work, all I'm getting using the right password is bad rcon_password error.

Any help would be appreciated.
Renzo
Admin (qw.suomicom.fi)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, the problems are fixed now (rcon_password was encrypted, disabled it and mvdsv019 has serverinfo related bug, downgraded to 018).
mli
Admin (QuakeServers.net)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command to disable the encyption in mvdsv is:

Code:
sv_crypt_rcon       "1"

Just in case anyone else has this problem too.
VVD
Normal User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plz, describe bugs at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=118599&atid=681546
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index -> Setting Up and Configuring Servers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: