www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index www.QuakeServers.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with demo recording (mvdsv)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index -> Setting Up and Configuring Servers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xazqe
Admin (bltpowah.mine.nu)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Problems with demo recording (mvdsv) Reply with quote

Hi! I have had some trouble with demos and the listing of them using the "cmd dlist" command.
I have read the ******* manual and googled but it didn't help me out. Cool

Quote:
// Demo recording
sv_demoMaxDirSize 2000000 // in KBs
sv_demoClearOld 2
sv_maxdownloadrate 200000
sv_demoDir "./demos"
localinfo demo_auto_left_max 100
localinfo demo_tmp_record 100
localinfo demo_scoreslength 6
localinfo demo_use_gz 1
localinfo demo_skip_ktffa_record 0

Those are my current settings at "Quake-o-Holy" but no new demos are listed after that the list is full and the list gets loaded up with only dmm4 demos replacing other demos from #1 and climbing up.

I wonder what settings are correct if I want to have a listsize of 100 demos, and when the list is full, #1 (the oldest) would be deleted (both from list and harddrive) in order to record the latest demo, and which later would be listed as #100 (or the highest number possible).

What I hope to avoid is that the demo last recorded would be listed as any random number between 1 and 100 so that you would have to search for it scrolling up and down instead of it always beeing i.e. #100. I know that "cmd dl ." works, but this is to keep them in order and sorted chronologically for later downloading.

So far I've had an FTP account open to download demos from the server but it seems very unneccesary.

Thanks in advance! Wink
Term
Admin (chosen.servegame.com)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad helped me with this, put localinfo demo_auto_left_max 9999 and you probably want to raise sv_demoClearOld a bit. Then I think maximum sv_maxdownloadrate or any other rate is 65535 (correct me if I'm wrong ;D)
Term
Admin (chosen.servegame.com)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot, you need localinfo demo_tmp_record 9999 too
VVD
Normal User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Term, u are right.
demo_auto_left_max 9999
and
demo_tmp_record 9999
will help.
This commands only "disable" ktpro checking of free space, because it very useless - lets mvdsv do this work. Smile

xazqe, and, of course, upgrade ur mvdsv to 0.19.20-develop or current CVS version. (Very useful for ktpro bugs. Smile)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index -> Setting Up and Configuring Servers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: