www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index www.QuakeServers.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not seeing my server?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index -> Servers and Hosting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrum
Normal User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Not seeing my server? Reply with quote

Guys, I had a server running and everything was fine. Then my motherboard died. I now have a new motherboard but my server is not being "seen" anymore?
Here is my server.cfg:

sv_accelerate 7.00
sv_maxspeed 320
sv_maxvelocity 99999
sv_aim 1
maxclients 16

serverinfo dq 1 //drop quad damage
serverinfo dr 1 //drop ring of shadows

fraglogfile

gamedir overlook

samelevel 3
timelimit 0
fraglimit 60

deathmatch 15 //random weapons and ammo

hostname The Overlook Hotel

floodprot 5 10 5
floodprotmsg "shut up!!!"

setmaster 69.113.123.178:27500
sv_serverip 69.113.123.178:27500

allow_download_skins 1
allow_download_models 1
allow_download_sounds 1
allow_download_maps 1

sv_maxdownloadrate 999999

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HARDKORE
Normal User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was called spisi's_fragfest.

I always thought you and danny were bots

have you tried running it and then connecting to local host
redrum
Normal User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some changes, I changed it to The Overlook Hotel.
I usually am in "bot" mode.

The server browser used to "see" my server in the global server. Now it only "sees" it on the FFA server. How can I get back on the global server list?
redrum
Normal User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardkore?
Bueller?
redrum
Normal User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello? Anybody home? Yodel-lay-hee-hooo!
HARDKORE
Normal User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry

I dont know anything about servers. I would help you if i knew how man. l added your server to my qlaunch and i seen it just fine. try resubmiting the ip to the site.

I poped in and said hi to you a few times.
redrum
Normal User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks for your help man!
redrum
Normal User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still having trouble with this...

On Quakeservers.net you can search and find my server The Overlook Hotel 69.113.123.178:27500.

But when using a client like ezquake, it never seems to locate the server???

Can anyone help me here?
nobody
Normal User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try changing your "setmaster" line to read as follows:

setmaster 85.10.201.75:27000 194.48.213.72:27000 66.148.67.38:27000 212.87.33.43:27000 202.62.137.98:27000

It would appear from your post above that you have your own QW server listed as the master server that your QW server is reporting to. That does nothing.

If I am reading the configs in ezQuake correctly, the ezQuake browser looks at two master servers and some text file lists to generate the list of servers that it will try to locate.

One of the master servers is the "Asgaard" master server. That is the 85.10.201.75:27000 entry in the setmaster line I gave you above. That server appears to be alive and responding at the moment. If you choose to list only one master server, then I would suggest using this one.

The other master server in the ezQuake program config file is the "Poland" master server at 217.153.59.106:27000. At the time I wrote this post, that server did not respond and I must assume that it no longer exists. Therefore, I did not place that master server in the line above.

These are the only two master servers that the ezQuake program is set up to use by default. Others can be manually added to the config file within that program. But you must assume that most players know nothing about master servers and even less about how to add additional master servers or text lists to their ezQuake config file.

The second master server I have listed in the setmaster line above is the "QuakeServers.net" master server at 194.48.213.72:27000. I am not sure if any other QW client polls that master server but I suspect it would not hurt to have your QW server use that one as well.

The other master servers I have listed are just ones that I have found to be active. Those master servers are mostly located in Europe and I have found that some of those located there will filter out your server listing. You mileage may vary. There are a couple more that I did not even bother to list. My servers seem to show up on the master servers I listed above but I am not sure if being listed there will help generate any player traffic for your server. Can't hurt to try, I suppose.

A word of caution: I believe that there is a limit to the number of master servers that you can place on the setmaster line in your config. I seem to remember that the limit is 8 and no more. If you have too many master servers listed your QW server will not send it's location information out to ANY of the servers listed. You might as well not even have one master server listed at that point.

Back in the day, ID software hosted a list of master servers but it would appear that those master servers have gone offline and are not likely to ever return. They are not listed in the setmaster line above for that reason.

It may also worth noting that the server browser within the ezQuake program is, by default, set to filter out "empty" servers. So even if you manage to get your server listed on the master server list, if your server is empty it will not be seen in the ezQuake server browser list for any player that did not change their program settings to allow ALL server to be shown. You should always try to work with the default settings within other programs to give your server the best chance of being seen.

If anyone who reads this post would like to add to or correct what I have posted here, please do. I am not an authority on this subject by any means and I am only reporting what I believe to be factual. There appears to be very little in the way of helpful server administration information still available out there.

If you find this information helpful, please post in this forum so that I know that I did some good here today.

I hope this helps someone trying to get a QW server up and running.

redrum
Normal User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot and report back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.QuakeServers.net Forum Index -> Servers and Hosting All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: